Thursday, September 13, 2012

Starting

I love September.

It's a perfect day outside.
The sun is shining,
about 70 degrees,
I can just be see the tops of the trees swaying in the breeze through the window across the office.

How I wish I was outside!

I wish I was walking along the river with Nate...
that would be wonderful.

Instead I'm inside,
sitting at my desk
with nothing particular to do,

watching the clock,
waiting for 4:30,
and wishing it was Friday...

Wishing we didn't have anything to do this weekend so we could just be outside.

Maybe Saturday afternoon we can escape for a while. I long to escape into the world of trees and wind and sunshine and quiet outside noises, away from buzzing florecent lights and humming computers, from ringing phones and dinging email, and from the slow monotiny of days spent inside with nothing much to do.

September was meant to be spent outside.

Oh to be a child again, living on 85th St and be able to just disappear outside, into the grass and the breeze and the sun.

I love September with it's perfect sunny days. The precious stretching on of summer. I love the first days of rain too, before the world turns gray and sleeping for winter weather. In September, somehow the rain seems more alive, brighter, it doesn't leave the world gray and soden the way rain in February and March does.

I wish September wasn't so short and I wasn't so old.

No comments:

Post a Comment